Ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes at Deep Sea World? What we feed our Sharks? Where our water comes from? What our aquarists do? Well here’s your chance to take a peek beneath the surface and enjoy an access-all-areas experience at Scotland’s National Aquarium!
That’s right, not content to simply showcase our magnificent marine animals as part of a standard Deep Sea World ticket, we also offer a behind-the-glass look at life on the other side of the tank. It’s all part of our Access All Areas experience, where you can get closer to the stars of our aquarium and learn more about what it takes to keep Scotland’s National Aquarium up and running.
Interested? Learn more about our exclusive tours behind the tank below.
Access All Areas at Deep Sea World
Whether you’re a budding biologist or an aquarist in the making, the Access All Areas experience at Deep Sea World offers a fascinating glimpse into what goes on behind the scenes at our much-loved aquarium.
In the company of our expert guides, you’ll go behind the curtain, visiting areas off-limits to the average guest. Here, you can learn all there is to know about how an aquarium is run, from what we feed our animals to how we test our water, before visiting our training and quarantine areas. There’s even time to take a look down at our shark-infected main tank!
Of course, one of the best things about going behind the scenes at Deep Sea World is the opportunity to get your questions answered by our knowledgeable aquarists. From what our sharks eat to where our porcupine pufferfish like to sleep – whatever you want to learn, we’re all ears.
How to book
If the Access All Areas experience at Deep Sea World sounds like too good an opportunity to pass up, you can book your tickets over the phone or via email. Our AAA tours take place on Weekdays only and cost an additional £3.50 on top of your standard aquarium pass.
Have a Deep Sea World Annual Pass? You can purchase Access All Areas tickets at our reception desk. Just present a valid Deep Sea World Annual Pass on the day and our friendly team will get you sorted.
What’s included on the Access All Areas tour?
We know that a lot of our visitors are curious about what goes on behind the scenes at Deep Sea World, which is why we came up with the Access All Areas tour to give a glimpse at the day-to-day running of our marine centre.
As part of the experience, you can look forward to…
- Up-close encounters with our animals and exhibits: Yes, you’ll enjoy a close-up look at our exhibits, from the exotic creatures of the Amazon to the sharks and rays of our Underwater Tunnel. From areas usually off limits to the public, who knows what unique encounters you might have with our animals?
- A tour of our ‘Quarantine Zone’: Don’t be alarmed – this isn’t where we house poorly creatures carrying anything infectious! Instead, our Quarantine Zone is where incoming animals are kept before they’re introduced into our main exhibition tanks. That means you can gain a glimpse of new arrivals at Deep Sea World before anyone else – how cool is that?
- Expert insights from our trained aquarists: That’s right, our Access All Areas tours are led by our team of aquarists, who are experts in caring for our animals day to day. Now’s your chance to learn all there is to know about what goes on behind the scenes at Deep Sea World and ask questions about your favourite animals and exhibits.
Take a look at our Access All Areas experience
Access All Areas at Deep Sea World: The Finer Details
Here are the T&Cs you need to know about Access All Areas at Deep Sea World:
- Maximum of 12 people per group.
- Unfortunately, children under 90cm/under 3 years are not permitted on the tour.
- Please be aware that there is limited access to the section above our main tank and it is not accessible by wheelchair.
- Access All Areas takes place at selected times, please call 01383 411 880 for more information or ask at reception.
- Tours cost just £3.50 per person, last 30 minutes and can be pre-booked any day of the week or avaibility can be checked upon arrival.
- A health and safety briefing will take place at the beginning of the experience. All regulations must be adhered to during the experience.
- General admission terms and conditions apply which can be found on our website.