|Type of Dive||Price||Buy Online|
|Shark Encounter |
(for anyone aged 16 years +)
|Includes two spectators||£195.00||BUY ONLINE NOW|
|Junior Shark Encounter|
(for anyone aged 8-15 years)
|Includes ONE free spectator||£120.00||BUY ONLINE NOW|
|Double Dive||Shark Encounter for two people. Must be booked on to same dive slot||BUY ONLINE NOW|
|Dive Nights||For qualified divers only||£105.00||BUY ONLINE NOW|
PLEASE NOTE: Once a voucher has been purchased, you must then book a dive slot. To do so, please call the aquarium on 01383 411880 and pick your dive time. We recommend booking at least eight weeks in advance. If you have purchased a gift voucher online you will receive a PDF version of the Shark Dive voucher as an email attachment.
Ready to take the plunge? Dive into this PADI-recognised Discover SCUBA session and swim in awe as you come face-to-fin with a huge selection of sharks, stingrays, and shoals of beautiful fish.
You’ll receive a full briefing and instructions from our specialist diving team, so you’ll be prepared with all the aquatic knowledge you need before entering the water. Instructors will accompany you at all times and join you in exploring our fascinating underwater safari displays, while assisting you in swimming alongside 10ft sand tiger sharks – even experienced divers rarely get this close to sharks!
– You must be over 16 years of age and meet the medical requirements found on the medical requirement form
– Please view the terms and conditions
– This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other dive offer
– Shark encounters run every weekend at three different time slots: 11am, 1:30pm, and 3:30pm (these may be subject to change)
– You must pre-book your dive by calling 01383 411880
– The encounter lasts approximately two hours – this includes training, briefing, and your dive
– Free entry for two accompanying spectators – you can have additional spectators at a reduced rate
– Spectators can watch your dive from the viewing tunnel
– All equipment is provided (please check with our team regarding maximum height and weight restrictions)
– No cameras are allowed in the tank – photo packages are available, please see below
Group session can be arranged upon request.
The perfect underwater adventure for children aged 8-15. The Bubblemaker sessions gives the little ones the chance to swim on a journey of underwater discovery in the main shark tank. Children will receive full training and briefing instructions on diving underwater and how to use the diving equipment. When ready to jump in, they’ll take part in fun underwater coordination games with our specially trained divers.
During this truly life-changing experience, children will stand on a 1.2m deep platform to allow them to feel safe and secure during the dive. There is no cage, just the platform – but there will be a secure railing between them and the sharks, so there’s no need to worry about them getting too close! Once they have completed their dive, children will receive a “I dived with sharks” certificate, which we’re sure they’ll want to show off to all their friends.
– Available for ages 8-15 years and those who meet the medical requirements found on the medical requirements form
– All Year Round on selected Saturdays and Sundays – please call us on 01383 411880 to book now and to find out about the specific dates available
– During school holidays the following session times are available: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 11am and 3:30pm (these may be subject to change)
– This session will last around 1 hour with approximately 20-25 minutes on the platform, inside the shark tank
– Includes free entry for one accompanying adult
– All equipment is provided
– If purchased as a gift voucher, the voucher is valid for six months from the date of purchase
This encounter is extremely busy at peak seasons, therefore we recommend making a booking with plenty of notice.
If you’re already a qualified diver, then Deep Sea World is the only place for you dive into. Get as close as you want to fascinating 10ft sand tiger sharks with our magnificent evening diving experiences.
– Only open to divers with a minimum qualification of PADI Open Water or equivalent
– Divers must have logged a dive within the six months prior to their booked dive date
– Proof of current qualification level and log book will be required
– Children aged 10-12 years old must dive with a parent or guardian
– Divers under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the day
– All divers have to meet the medical requirements found on the medical requirements form and read the terms and conditions
– A PADI liability release must be complete
– Shark dive nights run once a month on a Friday evening. The next evening dates are 17th January 2020 and 21st February 2020. Please call us for future dates on 01383 411880
– Sessions start at 6pm and last approximately 30-40 minutes
– Cameras can be taken into the tank only if pre-arranged with our dive team
– This dive counts as a logged dive, so bring your log book and we will stamp it for you
– We can cater for up to eight divers, or up to 16 if booked as a group
You are welcome to use your own equipment, however, your equipment must be rinsed before you enter the water and must be checked by our instructors prior to diving. We provide cylinders and weights – rebreathers are NOT permitted in the shark tank.
Alternatively, you can hire full equipment for a fee of £30 per person. Please be aware that our hire equipment is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
If purchased as a voucher, the voucher is valid for up to twelve months from the date of purchase.
Depending on the number of divers on the night, there may be a slight wait for your dive.
Our trained photographers will be taking pictures throughout the dive experience which you will be able to view at the photo desk next to the Reef Gift Shop:
Photo Package – £30
FOR DIVERS: You must check the medical requirements on the medical questionnaire. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions, you will require a letter from your doctor giving permission to take part in the the dive. Refunds are available only on a medical basis.
Please give us a call on 01383 411880 or email us on [email protected] to check the shark encounters availability and book your space!