Deeep Sea World, Scotland’s national aquarium, will be playing host to a real life mermaid this summer (August 8th – 10th).
For three days the aquarium’s resident three-metre-long sand tiger sharks and giant stingrays will be joined in their 3.8-million-litre Underwater Safari display by a magical mermaid.
The mermaid in question is Dr Daniela Rodler, whose spectacular underwater performances have produced rave reviews across Europe.
It’s a welcome return for Germany-based Daniela who made her first ever UK appearance at Deep Sea World last year and staff are anticipating her daily dive shows will prove particularly popular with younger visitors.
“Daniela caused something of a sensation last year and we’re expecting her return visit will really cause a stir,” said Deep Sea World’s Charlotte Corcoran.
“We’re delighted she has agreed to come back to Deep Sea World we’re expecting her performances to prove a spectacular added attraction to our visitors,” she added.
She is also a choir soprano singer who performed at the Lord of the Rings Symphony in Munich, Nürnberg and Stuttgart and in the Pirates of the Caribbean Symphony at the Munich Philharmonic.
In addition to that she recently completed a fantasy film, has done modelling work and is a proficient free diver.
The Spectacular Mermaid Experience is taking place daily from Friday, August 8th – Sunday, August 10th at Deep Sea World, North Queensferry.
Heart Radio Promotion
Deep Sea World are pleased to announce we are running an exciting promotion from the 23rd June until the 20th July in conjunction with Heart Radio. There are 15,000 treasure cards being handed out in and around the Edinburgh, Lothians and Fife regions in the run up to the school holidays. Each of these cards contains treasure in the form of vouchers or prizes. You could win discounted entry to the aquarium, a free guidebook, an adult or junior shark dive experience or the ultimate prize of £2000 towards a family holiday to Disneyland Paris. Terms and conditions apply to both the competition and the prizes. See the link below to access the Terms & Conditions.
Rules of Play
1. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Radio Station.
2. Players must be 18 years or older in order to claim a prize.
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must have been given 1 of 15000 sealed prize cards which will be distributed from 23rd June 2014 by the promotional team and available within Deep Sea World.
4. The cards MUST remain sealed and returned, SEALED and UNTAMPERED to Deep Sea World and handed to a member of Deep Sea World Staff to be opened in front of the owner of the card, during Deep Sea World opening hours between 23rd June and 20th July 2014. Any unsealed cards will be automatically null and void.
5. No employees from Deep Sea World, Global Radio or their associates are eligible to enter this competition.
6. Winners must agree to participate in any subsequent publicity. Entry to the competition signifies acceptance of all of these above rules.
Interactive and informative live animal sessions happen everyday at Deep Sea World. During your visit, you can meet a reptile, see our seals enjoy some yummy lunch, and even see our divers feed our fish in our Underwater Safari exhibit. Our live animal sessions allow you to get up close and personal with your favourite aquatic animals.
Each season there is something exciting for the whole family to enjoy at Deep Sea World. Our events range from special talks to treasure hunts and creative exhibitions.
Keep an eye on this page for all the latest on what is happening!!