Deep Sea World Education Mission Statement:
“To deliver a unique learning experience by promoting informed and inquisitive observation within a stimulating environment”
At Deep Sea World, we offer several educational programmes and activities, from classroom sessions to informative guided tours. Each of these seeks to inspire, encourage and enthuse children of all ages, assisting them in learning all about the marine world through fascinating and exciting activities. Click on the links provided for more information on our classroom session topics , creature encounters and guided tours.
Education prices start at just £6.95 per child!
|Free standard ratio 1:4 Nursery/ 1:6 Primary; 1:10 Secondary|
Educational specials at Deep Sea World:
• FREE entry for teachers & classroom assistants. Using ratios 1:4 (Nursery) 1:6 (Primary) 1:10 (Secondary)
• FREE teacher familiarisation visits
• Classroom session based on the Curriculum for Excellence
• Guided tours & creature encounters
• Ample easy on-site coach parking. Deep Sea World is within easy reach of Edinburgh, Glasgow and surrounding areas.
Get up to £550 off the cost of your trip to Deep Sea World with Edina Trust
The Edina Trust provides non-competitive, easy-to-access grants, for state primary schools in certain regions of the UK, to be used to promote the teaching of science and gardening. The Edina Trust is currently operating Science Grant Schemes in Lancashire, Inverclyde, Conwy, North Ayrshire, Renfrewshire, South Lanarkshire and North Lanarkshire.
Schools can apply for up to £550 which can go towards the cost of a visit to Deep Sea World. For more information visit www.edinatrust.org.uk.